Manage your Meaningful Use program with end-to-end automation
In the battle against thinning margins, it’s more critical than ever for healthcare organizations to focus on value-based program reporting and performance including Meaningful Use (MU). It’s also becoming increasingly difficult to continue to manage these programs via a manual process with spreadsheets where the margin for error is extensive. Now add additional complexities surrounding the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and it becomes a necessity for organizations to automate.
Not only will there be obvious gains in accuracy, but also in communication amongst key stakeholders in terms of how providers are performing, where action needs to be taken and what the financial risks/benefits will be, inclusive of all these programs.
Is MU going away?
In January 2017, the Medicare Access & CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA) effectively merged the MU program, PQRS and VBM into the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS). MU will represent 25 out of 100 total points for MIPS starting in 2017.
MU is also key to Medicaid incentives worth $63,750 per provider through 2021 for Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC), Health Center Controlled Networks (HCCN) and other providers reporting MU through the Medicaid program. Non-compliance means money left on the table.
To capture 100 percent of available Medicaid incentives, providers must be participating in MU as of 2016. Skipping a year means a loss of revenue stream as well as a heightened risk of non-compliance due to increasing MU thresholds. These issues, coupled with a lack of dedicated resources, providers switching programs and a significant amount of provider turnover, can cause a loss of incentive payments if processes aren’t in place to manage MU efficiently.
MU ASSISTANT® software runs on SA Ignite’s IgniteQ platform allowing you to build a single database of provider information to manage your entire MU and/or PQRS value-based program(s) end-to-end.
MU ASSISTANT software:
- Automates provider registration and attestation processes (both federal and state)
- Register providers with one click
- Attest for one or 1,000 providers with one click
- Highlights and predicts provider performance via customized scorecards
- Aggregates data from your electronic health records (EHRs) and Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for a complete picture of historical and current performance, program participation, eligibility and payments
- Changing EHR vendors? MU ASSISTANT software will merge data from your legacy system with the data from your new system so incentives aren’t lost and penalties are avoided.
- Do you have data in places other than your EHR(s)? You can upload reports to MU ASSISTANT software via a secure FTP site and it will merge the data together with your other source reports.
- Tracks providers across various programs, stages and payment years
- Automatically gathers information from CMS so you’ll have all your providers’ attestation history at your fingertips
- Estimates financial impact to the organization and provides payment reconciliation reports
- Prepares you for an audit by automatically collecting and storing your audit documentation as a byproduct of utilizing the system
- Quickly and easily connects to more than 14 EHR brands all without costly interfaces
Our MU experts also review and interpret ever-changing rules and regulations as they are released and apply the changes to MU ASSISTANT software’s rules engine.
With the predictive power of MU ASSISTANT software, you’ll be better positioned to increase revenue, avoid penalties, improve scores and gain efficiencies — in as little as four weeks.
Along with powerful cloud-based analytics and program management software, SA Ignite’s unmatched team of Meaningful Use experts provide advisory services to help you understand regulatory implications, make strategic decisions, and create a plan for success.
To download this information in PDF format, please click here.