At SA Ignite we’re confronting some of healthcare’s most vexing challenges.
Healthcare providers now have to operate in the most dynamic and rapidly changing business environment they’ve ever seen. Their revenue models are getting turned upside down with the shift from fee-for-service to fee-for-value. They have to comply with complex, often opaque, program rules that create a heavy intellectual and administrative burden. They have to use imperfect, often incomplete information to make decisions and take action. These challenges are forcing them to reconsider their processes, management philosophies and even their cultures.
That’s where we come in. We help our customers not just navigate today’s complex operating environment but excel within it. We leverage our deep domain, technical and data expertise to help our customers achieve higher standards of performance year after year. We are not “tool makers:” we combine powerful analytics that surface improvement opportunities that are truly actionable with a management framework that engages all stakeholders in realizing them. We don’t like half measures: our focus is on solving the whole problem of how to deliver exceptional financial results in a value-based world.
Our people are our strength. We depend on our street smarts and a healthy dose of Midwestern humility to get the job done. And, we do it all while having fun and not taking ourselves too seriously.
We are launching a substantial new product development initiative that will become the foundation of our business and drive our future growth. We’re using this initiative to reconsider our software development lifecycle, our agile processes and end-to-end quality management. We’re looking for an Operations Leader who can take our quality assurance, support and agile process strategy and execution to the next level. We want to more deeply embed QA in our overall process instead of it being at the end of the development chain. We want our engineers to incorporate automated testing and test-driven development principles into their thinking. We want to develop more of a continuous improvement mindset. And, we want our support and quality assurance processes and people to be more tightly integrated.
We have ambitious goals. If you are intrigued by the opportunity to apply everything you know about embedding quality and continuous improvement principles into a development process AND actually implement those ideas in an environment receptive to growth and change, you may be a great candidate for this position. If you thrive on a challenge, are a creative problem solver and have a passion for our mission to deliver the operating system that powers the transition to value-based care, please come talk to us.
- Lead and manage our QA, support and agile project/program management team
- Understand our agile execution process and work diligently to continuously improve it
- Evangelize a continuous improvement mindset within our product and engineering teams
- Define our end-to-end quality assurance strategy, principles and process, including implementing test driven development principles and practices where appropriate
- Incorporate and evangelize agile testing/QA best practices into our end-to-end product development process
- Ensure that our support process is responsive and meets service levels
- Advise product, engineering and organizational leadership on the effectiveness of our agile, QA and support processess
- When and if necessary, "rope and ride" by triaging defects, testing software, leading scrums, etc.
This position is based in our Chicago (West Loop) office and reports to our Chief Product Officer.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or related field
- 9+ years of quality assurance, support and agile process improvement related professional experience at a commercial software vendor
- A strong understanding of QA strategies and best practices within an agile development environment, with experience putting them into practice
- A strong understanding of how to deliver a highly responsive and efficient support process
- A strong understanding of agile best practices, with experience putting them into practice
- A demonstrated ability to implement a continuous improvement mindset within their own teams, as well as via influencing teams around them
- A demonstrated ability to learn and become proficient on new technologies, practices and frameworks
- A servant leadership mindset: sees the team’s success as their success
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and exceptional collaboration skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills