At SA Ignite we’re confronting some of healthcare’s most vexing challenges. Healthcare providers now have to operate in the most dynamic and rapidly changing business environment they’ve ever seen. Their revenue models are getting turned upside down with the shift from fee-for-service to fee-for-value. They have to comply with complex, often opaque, program rules that create a heavy intellectual and administrative burden. They have to use imperfect, often incomplete information to make decisions and take action. These challenges are focusing them to reconsider their processes, management philosophies and even their cultures.
That’s where we come in. We help our customers not just navigate today’s complex operating environment but excel within it. We leverage our deep domain, technical and data expertise to help our customers achieve higher standards of performance year after year. We are not “tool makers:” we combine powerful analytics that surface improvement opportunities that are truly actionable with a management framework that engages all stakeholders in realizing them. We don’t like half measures: our focus is on solving the whole problem of how to deliver exceptional financial results in a value-based world.
Our people are our strength. We depend on our street smarts and a healthy dose of Midwestern humility to get the job done. And, we do it all while having fun and not taking ourselves too seriously.
We are launching a substantial new product development initiative that will become the foundation of our business and drive our future growth. To support this initiative, we are building out our software engineering team in Chicago. If you like working on “green fields” development projects and enjoy being part of self-organizing, fast moving teams, you may be a great candidate for our Senior Software Engineer position. Successful candidates will prefer collaborative development environments over isolation in a cube or home office. They will thrive on a challenge and love to learn new technologies and architectural patterns. They will have passion for the work and our mission to deliver the operating system that powers the transition to value-based care.
- Be part of an agile software development team building data and analytics focused applications
- Write high quality front end, back end (or both) code that delights our customer end users
- Collaborate with QA on appropriate testing strategies; build and deploy automated tests that help ensure quality and guard against regression
- Be an active and engaged participant in release planning, iteration planning and iteration review processes
- Rigorously refactor code and retire technical debt
- Suggest improvements to our architecture, development patterns, processes, etc., through engagement and collaboration with other members of the engineering team
This position is based in our Chicago (West Loop) office and reports to one of our Engineering Team leads.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development
- Proficiency in Oracle Java or equivalent object oriented language (C#, C++, PHP, Python)
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks
- Passionate about writing quality code in a team environment following best practice design patterns and “SOLID” principles
- A demonstrated ability to learn and become proficient on new technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and exceptional collaboration skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills