At SA Ignite we’re confronting some of healthcare’s most vexing challenges.
Healthcare providers now have to operate in the most dynamic and rapidly changing business environment they’ve ever seen. Their revenue models are getting turned upside down with the shift from fee-for-service to fee-for-value. They have to comply with complex, often opaque, program rules that create a heavy intellectual and administrative burden. They have to use imperfect, often incomplete information to make decisions and take action. These challenges are forcing them to reconsider their processes, management philosophies and even their cultures.
That’s where we come in. We help our customers not just navigate today’s complex operating environment but excel within it. We leverage our deep domain, technical and data expertise to help our customers achieve higher standards of performance year after year. We are not “tool makers:” we combine powerful analytics that surface improvement opportunities that are truly actionable with a management framework that engages all stakeholders in realizing them. We don’t like half measures: our focus is on solving the whole problem of how to deliver exceptional financial results in a value-based world.
Our people are our strength. We depend on our street smarts and a healthy dose of Midwestern humility to get the job done. And, we do it all while having fun and not taking ourselves too seriously.
We are launching a substantial new product development initiative that will become the foundation of our business and drive our future growth. We’re using this initiative to reconsider our software development lifecycle, our agile processes and our quality assurance philosophy. We’re looking for a QA Engineer/Analyst who can help us elevate our quality game.
We have ambitious goals. If you are intrigued by the opportunity to apply everything you know about how to support the delivery of high quality software AND actually implement and practice those ideas in an environment receptive to growth and change, you may be a great candidate for this position. If you thrive on a challenge, are a creative problem solver and have a passion for our mission to deliver the operating system that powers the transition to value-based care, please come talk to us.
- Participate in design and estimation activities to ensure that developed product can be effectively tested
- Collaborate with software engineers to identify testing strategies/approaches for new features
- Plan software test cases for integration, system and regression testing activities
- Build automated tests and automated testing frameworks, where appropriate
- Execute functional and other manual tests, where appropriate
- Create and manage test data for test cases
- Identify and log issues: work with software engineers to determine whether issues are bugs and collaborate with them on appropriate resolution
- Identify design and usability issues and communicate them to product managers and engineers
- Report on testing status
- Triage and help reproduce production software defects
This position is based in our Chicago (West Loop) office and reports to our Operations Leader.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or related field
- 4+ years of quality assurance related professional experience at a commercial software vendor
- Experience doing testing/QA in an agile software development environment
- 2+ years experience building automated tests, natively or using test automation tools such as Selenium
- Experience with commercially available test planning and management tools such as PractiTest
- Experience with SQL and a working knowledge of Java, JSP, JSON, RESTful, APIs, etc.
- Experience testing both back end services and web applications
- A demonstrated ability to learn and become proficient on new technologies and approaches
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and exceptional collaboration skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills