At SA Ignite we’re confronting some of healthcare’s most vexing challenges.
Healthcare providers now have to operate in the most dynamic and rapidly changing business environment
they’ve ever seen. Their revenue models are getting turned upside down with the shift from fee-for-service to
fee-for-value. They have to comply with complex, often opaque, program rules that create a heavy intellectual
and administrative burden. They have to use imperfect, often incomplete information to make decisions and
take action. These challenges are forcing them to reconsider their processes, management philosophies and
even their cultures.
That’s where we come in. We help our customers not just navigate today’s complex operating environment but
excel within it. We leverage our deep domain, technical and data expertise to help our customers achieve higher
standards of performance year after year. We are not “tool makers:” we combine powerful analytics that
surface improvement opportunities that are truly actionable with a management framework that engages all
stakeholders in realizing them. We don’t like half measures: our focus is on solving the whole problem of how to
deliver exceptional financial results in a value-based world.
Our people are our strength. We depend on our street smarts and a healthy dose of Midwestern humility to get
the job done. And, we do it all while having fun and not taking ourselves too seriously
Our business is growing rapidly and we need help building and maintaining the technology used to deliver,
monitor and improve our software stack. If you thrive on a challenge and enjoy having a broad set of
responsibilities, you may be a great candidate for our DevOps engineer position. Successful candidates will have
strong technical knowledge and skills and will be outstanding problem solvers. They will be able to take on
diverse infrastructure and process improvement projects and work collaboratively to complete them. They will
have a strong customer service oriented mindset. They will have passion for the work and for our mission to
deliver the operating system that powers the transition to value based care.
- Initiate, manage and/or execute process improvement activities around software delivery
- Assist with data integration processes, data management and provide reporting for other departments
- Monitor health of product technology environments
- Automate and simplify management of product technology stack
- Assist with containerizing elements of the product technology stack
- Collaborate with and support the engineering team as our product technology needs change or grow
- Support the security officer with technologies that align to and meet compliance requirements
- Evaluate new tools and technologies that could help our efficiency, security, scalability, etc.
- Own the deployment process and perform regular software deployments
- Document processes as necessary
This position is based in our Chicago (West Loop) office and reports to our Principal Architect.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in Engineering or DevOps at a commercial software development
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Linux servers, including Hyper-V
- Experience with container technology and container orchestration engines like Docker, Swarm,
- Strong experience with T-SQL, specifically Microsoft SQL Server and PostgreSQL
- Strong experience and understanding of Git-based source control systems
- Experience with build systems / pipelines like Bamboo, Jenkins, Team City, TFS, etc., is preferred
- Experience writing scripts to automate activities (bash, powershell, etc.)
- Experience writing YAML for container services is preferred
- Experience with Atlassian Jira and Confluence is preferred
- A demonstrated ability to learn and become proficient on new technologies
- A natural curiosity to learn and improve
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- An ability to work autonomously and sweat the details